I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was nominated for Liebster Award by The Veiled Purl! Then I was nominated a second time in the same day by My Other Loves! I am very honored to be nominated for this award and thankful to my fellow bloggers for following my crocheting adventures. I am replying to the first of the two nominations for the questions portion.
How it works?
- Thank and link back to the blogger who presented you with the award.
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 random questions
- Create 11 random questions for your nominees
- Present/nominate a Liebster Blog Award to more newbie bloggers! (no tag backs)
11 Thing random facts about me
- I grew up in a small, southern, country town.
- I can speak French.
- My favorite guitarist is Jack White.
- I love Johnny Depp movies (who doesn’t)
- As a child I wanted to be a fireman.
- I love HGTV.
- I love french bread and brie cheese.
- I met my husband on the internet.
- When I drink alcohol I turn as red as an apple, so I usually don’t drink.
- Fun is a long walk in the forest on a warm but not too warm day.
- I drive way too slow for my husbands liking.
11 Questions from the Veiled Purl
- Who/what inspired you to crochet/knit/sew or do any of the other crafty things you do? I have always been crafty and I have tried all kinds of mediums from painting to drawing and knitting and even cross-stitching and though I loved it all I never excelled in anything. But when I picked up my crochet hook for the first time it was like love at first stitch, lol. I found that for the first time I was really good at something without having to force it.
- How old were you when you first learn to do any of the above? I was drawing and painting at an early age and cross-stitching for much of my late teens and early 20s. I only have been crocheting for the past couple of years but it feels like I’ve been doing it forever. I just love it.
- What are your hobbies besides the above mentioned? Hiking or walks in the forest when the weather is nice. Other than that it really is crochet 24/7.
- What’s your favorite season and why? I love autumn with the change in colors. And though I live now in Quebec, I grew up in Georgia and after a scorching summer, autumn was always a welcomed change.
- Tall or short? Short like my mother. My children do not take after me lol. They are going to tower over me.
- Sunrise or sunset? Once upon a time I would have said sunset. Now that I have children I can appreciate sunrises more.
- What is your favorite flower? Not sure if you would call it a flower, but I love cherry blossoms
- What’s a pattern that you really want to do, but can’t find the time? I want to make a dress for my daughter.
- Knitting, sewing, or crochet? Crochet
- What’s a place you really want to visit, and why? Germany. I have German heritage and would love to see where my great great great…great grandparents came from.
- How old is your blog? I have been blogging for about 6 months
Blogs I nominate
11 Questions from Crochet Cricket:
- What craft/crafts is your blog about?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- Who is your favorite person from History and why?
- What is your favorite color to use in your crafts?
- What Craft sites do you look at in your spare time?
- What is your favorite kind of music?
- If you could be an animal, what would you be?
- How many pairs of shoes do you own?
- What is your favorite TV serious?
- If you could have one super power, what would it be?
Thank you again for this wonderful nomination! I am so happy to be a part of the blogging community.